During the past week there have been many rumors of top NBA stars such as, Dwight Howard and Deron Williams signing pro contracts overseas because of the 2011-2012 NBA Lockout if it remains inoperative. Deron Williams has already signed with <strong>Turkish Club Besiktas with clauses of the NBA Lockout. Yesterday, Dwight Howard made it known that he would like to remain active and improve his game while the NBA finds a solution. His options look to be China, Spain or other powerhouse countries in Europe.
This summer the NBA has closed down the <strong>NBA Summer League and players are anxious to find out their future for the next season. With the economic crisis, many European teams will have very very great teams and some very very bad teams due to powerhouse team budgets. Is this a safe move for NBA players who have health insurance and all sorts of benefits as an active NBA player? For Williams and Howard, it is like playing chess, however the biggest move and smartest move could be to hang in there and be patient. Superstars in Europe and overseas is great, however, the best players that go overseas are those who will work hard to get to the best league in the world and that is the NBA and WNBA!
Current list of possible NBA Players signing Overseas
- <strong>Deron Williams – Turkey
- <strong>Dwight Howard – China, Spain
- <strong>Kobe Bryant – Europe
- <strong>Amare Stoudemire – Turkey
- <strong>Sasha Vujacic – Turkey
- <strong>Kevin Durant – China, Europe
- <strong>Will Bynum – Europe
- <strong>Tony Parker – France
- <strong>Sonny Weems – Lithuania
- <strong>Dwayne Wade – Europe
- <strong>Serge Ibaka – Spain
- <strong>Rudy Fernadez – Spain Real Madrid
- <strong>Reggie Williams – Spain
- <strong>Kyle Singler – Spain
If you’re interested in playing overseas, you might want to pick up your game with these super stars overseas!!